Ohio Brownfield Program Now Accepting Applications
The State of Ohio has released guidelines for the $350,000,000 Brownfield Redevelopment Program. The funds will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis. Applications for the first round are due January 31, 2022.
Applications may be for Environmental Assessment or for Environmental Remediation.
- Eligible applicants include counties, municipal corporations, land banks, and other units of local government. Non-governmental entities are permitted to apply but must an agreement to partner with an eligible local government entity.
- A 25% local match is required for applications. That can be from government or private sector resources.
- Assessment applications can receive up to $300,000. Eligible costs include Phase I or Phase II Assessments and Asbestos Surveys.
- Remediation applications can receive up to $10,000,000. Eligible costs include removal and remediation of hazardous substances, acquisition (up to 10% of the grant), demolition, certain infrastructure costs, employment of a certified professional, and administrative expenses, including completion of No Further Action letters.
- Applicants must demonstrate all legal access to the site.
To assist with the City’s support for brownfield projects in Cleveland, please complete the attached pre-application and return to David Ebersole (email@example.com) and Daniel Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org)